CM Mailing Lists and FAQ
CMS Review manages several mailing lists for the Content Management industry, the community of developers, and content management professionals (CM Pros).
[cms] - a general mailing list for content management systems, with a focus on technology.
[contentmanagers] - for people whose professional responsibilities include planning, writing, editing, approving or otherwise managing content.
[cms-pr] - press releases and marketing announcements from vendors and open-source developer communities.
[cms-forum] - for announcements of activity at cms-forum.org.
For subscription info on our CMS mailing lists:
We also manage two lists for the new CM Professionals community of practice. They require membership in CM Pros.
- Trim your posts.
- Edit the original post, and put your replies below quotes from original (no top posting).
- Especially do not reply to digests including the whole digest. Edit to your topic.
- No attachments.
- HTML mail is now allowed
- No spam.
- Keep commercial replies off-list. (Send PR posts to email@example.com.)
- Keep self-promotion brief and relevant.
- Avoid religious wars (e.g., Mac vs. Windows, Open-source vs. Proprietary, Java vs. Perl vs. Python, Linux vs. everything else).
- No ad hominem attacks.
- Don't respond to trolls.
- Don't reply to one thread to start another.
- If you change the subject slightly, alter the subject line.
- Short signatures only, no ASCII art.
- Keep meta-discussion to a minimum; we're here to discuss content management, not the operation of this list. (Send meta-discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Keep etiquette and topic reminders polite and off-list. List moms appreciate reminders from listers, but send them off-list please (with a copy to the list-mom).
- Abusers of these rules will have their posts moderated and edited. Repeat abusers will be banned.
These excellent netiquette references should explain anything you don't understand above...
If not, please contact Editor, at CMS Review.