The mission of CMS REVIEW is to give you the resources you need to choose the best content management system for your organization. We will cover proprietary and open-source products, development frameworks and finished out-of-the-box solutions. We will point you to demonstrations and trial download software where these are available.
- What are the basic defining features of a CMS?
- What is the history and the future outlook for CMS products?
- Should you build, buy, or rent a CMS?
We solicit reviews from active users of various CMS systems. We solicit comments from visitors (at the bottom of every page). Although we are not primarily a news site, we monitor CMS mailing lists for important insights into CMS developments. We hope instead to be a repository of basic information about content management systems, and then point you to the dozens of other excellent sources of such information on the web.We will try to find out
- How much do CMS systems cost and how long to they take to launch?
- What platforms do they use and what development languages?
- How do they fit with other enterprise software?
- What databases do they support?
- What developing standards do they support (XML, XSL-FO, RDF, etc.)?