Open Source Content Management Systems Directory
Note: This list will eventually be auto-generated from the database. cmsInfo links take you to their news page for each product.
- Aegir CMS cmsInfo
- Aegir CMS is a full-featured Content Management System built on the popular Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) platform powered by the Midgard Content Management framework application server. It requires a working installation of Midgard 1.4.x.
Aegir CMS is derived from the succesful Nadmin Studio codebase. The application is licensed under the Artistic License-derived "HKLC Nadmin Studio Interface" License.
- Apache Lenya
- Apache Lenya (formerly Wyona CMS) is an Open-Source Content Management and Publishing System written in 100% pure Java. It is based on open standards such as XML and XSLT. One of its core components is Cocoon from the Apache Software Foundation, and Lenya is now an Apache Cocoon subproject.
- Apache Slide
Slide is a project composed of multiple modules tied together using WebDAV.
It includes :
- A content management system with a Java API
- A servlet implementing the WebDAV protocol on top of the content management system
- A Java WebDAV and HTTP client library
- A WebDAV command line client
- WebDAV enabled Swing components
- APC ActionApps 2.4 cmsInfo
- APC ActionApps allow authorized users to easily update the content of their website with just a web browser. APC ActionApps is different because of its configurable output -- ActionApps can automate and simplify complex portals and websites, and seamlessly integrate with existing designs.
APC ActionApps also has 'content pooling' and moderation tools that make it well suited to teams of volunteers and staff working together to publish information.
APC ActionApps were developed by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) under GNU GPL with the support of the MacArthur Foundation and the Open Society Institute.
- AppWrap is a Web application for managing mildly dynamic data among a distributed workgroup. The data to be managed are limited only by user's needs. Users will like how easily they can unlock a ton of data from Word and Excel files, and the many ways to manipulate the data onscreen simply by clicking hyperlinks.
- Ariadne cmsInfo
- Ariadne is a Web Application Server and Content Management System. written entirely in PHP. It has a rich user interface which includes wizards, pulldown menus, and a WYSIWYG HTML editor (MSIE 4+ only).
Using a WYSIWYG HTML editor, it's also a Group Calendar, a Photo Album, an Addressbook, a Weblog and anything else you want it to be.
Ariadne was built with PHP, the most popular web programming language, Apache, the most popular web server, and MySQL, the most popular database engine for web applications. PostgreSQL is also supported.
- AlexScriptEngine (in German)
- A small easy to use Content Management System for your homepage. The different articles can be written in unlimited categories. Printable pages optional, turn on comments and you can optional put a tracked download within every article. You don't need to know HTML to create pages because the script includes an easy to use WYSIWYG Editor.
- Adaptive Website Framework (in German) cmsInfo
- Liquid bytes the adaptive Website Framework (AWF) is designed for software developers and experienced users of Web technologies. It permits the development of fully-dynamic Websites with Community functions in a simple and fast way. It is also possible to export static HTML pages to servers without PHP/MySQL.
AWF was tested in detail so far only on Linux 7,1, Mandrake 8,0 and SuSE Linux 7.1/7.2. Further tests were accomplished some time ago with Microsoft Windows 2000 and MacOS X.
- Back-End cmsInfo
- Back-End is based on PHP/MySQL. Using phplib templates, these scripts provide users with a great deal of flexibility in presenting the look/feel of their site. Using the web interface administrators can set up new sections, add/edit/delete articles, create polls and more.
Back-End CMS has updated it's codebase and the latest version is now a module of phpSlash.org. There are a great many advantages to sharing infrastructure with an application like phpSlash and we hope that you enjoy the many improvements that have been made.
- Bitflux (in German) cmsInfo
- Biflux is an XML-based CMS with a WYSIWYG XML Editor. The custom backend (called "popoon") is loosely based on Apache cocoon, but written in PHP.
For a description in English see http://slides.bitflux.ch/oscms/
- BolinOS is a modular publication and communication platform for Internet / Web developped in order to enable simple management of complex portals. Bolinos is based on a data structure compatible with Sqeleton, Internet / Web operating system, and uses standard open-source software: PHP, Apache, mySQL .
- Bricolage cmsInfo
- Bricolage is a full-featured, open-source content-management and publishing system. Features include intuitive and highly configurable administration, workflow, permissions, templating, server-neutral output, distribution, and document management. It is written in Perl using HTML::Mason and Apache/mod_perl. Bricolage uses the PostgreSQL relational database to store content.
- Callisto cmsInfo
- Callisto CMS is an XML/XSL Web-based Content Management System built using Perl and AxKit. Designed for maintaining XSL-based websites, it can edit various types of XML files, and providing a WYSIWYG interface by using the site's very own XSL stylesheets. Semantic data is edited on a per-region basis, in an "offline" domain (e.g. admin.domain.com). Sites can be deployed to production webservers when changes are made. The sites are deployed transactionally, and can be deployed to multiple target webservers, again, transactionally. Multiple independant sites can be managed in one Callisto installation, and one user login can be used for several sites, if given access.
- CAMPSITE cmsInfo
- CAMPSITE is a Unicode-based, mulitlingual web-content-management system designed for medium-to-large-size news publications. Issues, copy flow, back archives, as well as subscription management are fully implemented features. At the core of CAMPSITE is CAMPFIRE, the Java Editor supporting Unicode, which allows contributors and editors to publish content and control layout online in their native alphabets. Formatting can be altered in a similar way as in editors such as Wordpad, that is, no HTML knowledge is necessary for formatting text.
- C-Arbre cmsInfo
- C-Arbre is an integrated web software usable by small to medium sized organizations and individuals alike. It allows you to quickly build an information system that can be used either on a standalone computer or in a complex networking environment.
Its design should encompass the needs of everyone who needs to:manage different kinds of categorized resources (knowledge management)
distribute chosen information internal or external to an organization across a network (contents management)
recover the most appropriate resources in the shortest time (electronic document retrieval)
- Cascade is a Perl driven, web-based content management system. It's based on a community model of managing a large directory of resources in a hierachy of categories, much like Yahoo. Some features include generating static or dynamic HTML, allowing user comments on ratings on resources, design abstraction through templates, suggested addition and update management, an auto-generated "What's New" page, support for related categories and virtual subcategories, and more. It can use Postgres or MySQL as its SQL database.
- CMS (Content Management System) is a Perl-based groupware application that allows a group of persons to share documents via a web interface. Documents can be checked-in, checked-out, reserved, etc. The package has not been devloping for some time, but it gets a lot of visitors on SourceForge, probably because of its generic name.
- CMSimple is a simple content management system for smart maintainance of small commercial or private sites.
- Cofax cmsInfo
Cofax is a Web-based text and multimedia content publication/content management system. It was designed to simplify the presentation of newspapers on the Web and to expedite real-time Web publication. At Knight Ridder, Cofax technology is helping to serve newspaper content for all of its papers, including the largest papers, the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News, and smaller papers like the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader.
Cofax, at it's core, is a framework of software modules and tools to manage and deliver news content from different sources. It was developed using Java, database, and XML technologies. It is easy to use and implement.
In some ways, it is similar to commercial products like Vignette StoryServer, FutureTense Internet Publishing System, and Pantheon Builder, but costs much less to implement, maintain and use.
Cofax is Open Source software developed mostly by KnightRidder.com/Philly.com staff working with others who contributed code.
Released under an Apache-style license. Code is now available for download. Based on J2EE, running under Apache Tomcat and other J2EE-compliant app servers.
- Contenido (in German)
- Contenido is an open source Web Content Management System. It has separation of content and layout, extensive administration abilities, is browser-based with a user friendly interface, has a closed user area, statistics functions, integration of pictures and PDF formats, and is technically scalable. MySQL is currently supported, with other databases to follow. It runs on Linux, Unix, Sun Solaris, WinNT, and Windows2000.
- Contentor (in German)
- Contentor is a content management system designed primarily for non-profit organizations. Written for LAMP platform, it has a way to insure a consistent 'look and feel' across an entire web site and an automatic, 2-level, menu generator. .
- Corinis CCM is a Java-based, open-source content and community management system. It combines all the power of a professional content management solution (WYSIWIG editing, versioning, role-based QA, and more) with the flexibility and ease of use of a web community framework. The system's modular design encourages the development of reusable extensions (like the included forum, voting or photo album modules), while the carefully designed framework, the Java codebase and the extensive use of XML for data formats guarantee interoperability. Building your Intra- or Internet presence with Corinis CCM will reduce costs, required skill levels and time to market while giving you the confidence of having chosen a dependable and open development platform.
- DBPrism is an open source framework to generate dynamic XML from a database. Unlike other technologies, such as Apache XSP or Oracle XSQL servlet, DBPrism generates the dynamic XML inside the database, transforming it into an active database. An active database means that you use the database engine not only to execute SQL statements, but to directly return a complex XML representation of the data stored inside as well.
- DCP-Portal (in Turkish, with English translations) cmsInfo
- DCP-Portal is a CMS with advanced features like forum, chat, instant message, user calendar and etc. Released under GPL but "you can pay for it if you want to."
DCP-Portal provides you with productivity tools both for your internet and intranet sites. With its user-frinedly interface, and powerful knowledge management tools, DCP-Portal helps you to keep your company information updated, to follow and perform the internal tasks effectively and reduces all costs.
- Drupal cmsInfo
- Drupal is an open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites.
- EasyCMS is a content management tool that allows you to edit and layout pages without HTML knowledge. It does not use a database.
EasyCMS is a content and site management tool written in PHP without any need for a database. Use EasyCMS to: Generate a fully functional, EasyCMS independent web site from a template and a sitemap. Maintain the content and the structure of this site online. Maintain different language versions of the web site with the same backend. Change the text and the layout without knowing any HTML
- EasyPublisher cmsInfo
- EasyPublisher 1.8 | Zope | Python | | WebDAV, WYSIWYG
Easy Publisher is a new system for Internet Content Management that
- allows everybody in your organization to add content to your web site or to the intranet
- has a WYSIWYG editor so that you don't need any HTML knowledge
- has a publishing workflow that supports separation of content creation by writers and content publishing by editors
- is an object-oriented and component based system allowing for easy addition of custom applications and functions
- has extensive possibilities for integration with other systems and external resources
- fits just as well for web sites as intranets and extranets
- eNetwizard Content Application Server cmsInfo
- eNetwizard Content Application Server is a cutting-edge solution to content management. eNetwizard handles the content of a limitless number of domains and websites, including authoring, metadata tagging, editing, collaboration, workflow, administration, security, versioning, scheduling, templating, syndication, personalization, localization, and session management, plus much more.
- eNvolution cmsInfo
- From the initial screen, we want eNvolution to be the easiest, most refined and configurable CMS in the market. A truly modular architecture combined with a rock solid core foundation, a powerful API and a well implemented Template system will undoubtedly accomplish this task.
While eNvolution is a fork of PostNuke, the entire core of the product is being replaced and improved, making it far more secure and stable, and able to work in high-volume environments with ease.
Some of the highlights of eNvolution are: customization of all aspects of the website's appearance via templates caching for faster page loads user friendly administration via the configuration tools in the adminstration panel support and a very active development community (by the way you're welcome to join) (PHP based)
- Esy� is server software that empowers organisations to create and manage a professional web presence without any intermediation from specialised technical staff. Esy� is multi-user (unlimited users can access Esy� each with their own username/password and their own individual sets of actions) and allows them to create websites with unlimited sections, unlimited web pages, uploading unlimited images, PDF documents, links, etc. Runs on LAMP platform.
- EZAdmin - PHP Content Management
- EZAdmin -- A best-of-breed PHP content management system. Why another PHP CMS? This one is purely object-oriented, has a rich administration interface, supports themes using a very thorough API, and strives to be compatible with other tools via PEAR
- ezContents is an Open-Source website content management system based on PHP and MySQL. Features include maintaining menus and sub-menus, adding authors that write contents, permissions, workflow, and layout possibilities for the entire look of the site by simple use of settings.
It offers great flexibility for the web site developer and a user-friendly interface for the editor. It gives you a choice to integrate external scripts. It supports frames as well frameless designs. The HTML output is correct for Explorer and Netscape browsers.
- eZ Publish
- eZ publish, your content made easy, is the toolkit for building dynamic internetsolutions. Internetpublishing, e-commerce, corporate portals (intra/extranets), corporate websites and portals are some of the areas where eZ publish provide a powerful platform.
eZ publish 3, which soon will be released in final, is more than a content management system. It is a general php development framework, with functionality allowing you to fast develop a professional internet application. It will of course also have some standard implementations, which are finished solutions that are ready to use.
- Geeklog is a weblog powered by PHP and MySQL. It allows you within minutes to set up a fully functioning dynamic website, and has many features to get you started. As of Geeklog 1.3, these features are:
- User-system, allowing members of the public to register for your site and submit stories.
- Comment system, allowing users to comment on posts made to your site.
- Block system, allowing you to put information anywhere on your site.
- Plugin system that allows you to extend Geeklog, without having to code any new PHP.
- Theme system that allows users to select what layout they want to view.
- Excellent security model that allows you to give users control over certain aspects of the site with no need to worry.
- Site Statistics that show you the most popular areas of your site.
- Link system that allows users to add links to the site.
- Calendar System that lets you and your user add up-and-coming events.
- Allow users to email stories to their friends.
- Jahia CMS and Portal Server 3.0
- JAHIA CMS and Portal Server is an open source and collaborative Java solution for building complex and dynamic Web sites. Unlike traditional corporate portal solutions, JAHIA provides a comprehensive and out-of-the-box platform for developing, integrating, delivering, and managing Content, Web applications, and Web Services across intranets, extranets, and the Internet.
Jahia is an integrated web content management and portal server; Written completely in the Java programming language; Available under a collaborative source license; Installed in minutes; Easy to use; Multilanguage and I18N support; Staging environement (Draft & Preview mode); Workflow; Versioning; MyYahoo like home pages and portlet-based interface; Built-in support for standardized java web applications and web services; Full web-based administration; Integrated with the Apache Lucene Search Engine; LDAP compliant; JSP and Java Taglibs support for easy templates development; Integrated HTML cache engine; dynamic XML export module and much more
- Kontentor (in German)
- Kontentor is a CMS Framework based on the Zope application framework. Demo available.
- For a web applications programmer who has to develop complex enterprise level applications, web services or multi language dynamic websites (Content Management Systems), Krysalis is a development platform that improves the Apache/PHP framework by separating the application logic from the presentation layer, using open standards as XML/XSL/SOAP. Unlike any other application servers and frameworks, that are not specially designed for the web, and which carry the burden of their client-server legacy, our product is a new fresh approach designed from scratch for productive web development.
Krysalis benefits from the integration of KrysalIDE, the XML/XSL development environment designed for it.
KrysalIDE includes a powerful project manager, an advanced XML enabled code editor (with contextual code completion support), an innovative XML/XSL transformation approach with multiple panels (that present the XML tree before and after the transformation, allowing drag & drop operations between the data and the presentation).
The editor also features a powerful taglib editor, personalized GUI interface for the most used taglibs and a request based development environment.
- Kumera is an Open Source Content Management System written in Perl and using XML for data storage, designed for small to medium web sites. You can read more about what it does in features, or download it and try it for yourself.
Separation of content from presentation
As the system is based on XML, the presentation is separate from the content. So if the templates changes, then only a re-publish is required for the site to be updated.
The system can have multiple users, each with a different role within each sub-site.
The system allows different users to have different roles within the system. An editor in one section may be a writer or sub-editor in another. Thus allowing many users to maintain their own pages while not clobbering others.
Roles are completely configurable within the system to meet the needs and model of your organisation. Some default roles are provided which can be changed by editing a configuration file.
A writer can edit and create pages. They cannot see other writers pages or modify them, whilst they are locked out.
A sub-editor can do everything a writer can do, and can also browse pages and edit them if they are locked out by another user. A sub-editor can commit their own pages to the main web site, as well as delete their own pages (or pages that are not being edited).
A full-editor can do everything a sub-editor can do but they can delete any page (either a locked page or not locked) and can commit any page that is locked out. A full-editor can also upload the pages to the remote site (if required).
- Life CMS
- This project aims to replace the current Vignette Storyserver based daily web journal ETHLife from ETH Zurich with a more modern (XML-based) and better content management system. The name "ETHLife-CMS" is just meant as a preliminary term and surely not as a trademark.
Apart from the required html editor (and the VisualBasic interpreter in the case of the VB message client, and of course the client operating systems [Microsoft Windows, MacOSX, MacOS8/9]) the system uses solely Open Source components, and also it's own source code is released to the public under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- Magnolia is the free, open source, J2EE deployable content management system (CMS) developed by obinary. Magnolia is written in Java and uses the upcoming standard API for Java-based content repositories (JCR) to access its content. It has an easy to use web-browser interface, a clear API and a useful custom tag library for easy templating in JSP and Servlets.
Its main goal is ease of use for all parties involved in running a CMS. It features a very flexible structure, platform-independence through the use of Java and XML, a simple to use API, easy templating through the use of JSP, JSTL and a custom tag library, automatic administrative UI generation, transparent and uniform data access to multiple data repositories, easy configuration through XML, easy application integration and easy deployment with professional staging on any J2EE Server.
- Mambo is a dynamic portal engine/content management tool capable of building sites from several pages to several thousand. Mambo uses PHP/MySQL and features a very powerful and extensive admin manager. Mambo uses a modular framework for extensibility.
Mambo comes complete with: 10 built in modules, WYSIWYG editor, site statistics, admin interface and much more.
- Managee is a comprehensive web based Content Management System (CMS). It is made to address the needs of web site owners quickly and effectively. Managee allows easily manage and update any kind of online content, and fits perfectly into any web site model, such as catalogues, portals, news publications, and more. Your changes take effect immediately, making your site always fresh and up to date. Please note: our site itself is Managee powered.
Managee package offers quick and seamless implementation with no need for expensive software, or ongoing maintenance and dramatically reduce the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Built using open standards and designed for ease of use, marotori /cms: is a powerful yet elegant solution for bringing order to your online environment. You can streamline the publication process and significantly reduce the maintenance workload from an organisation�s IT staff.
Designed for organisations who need a powerful WYSIWYG editorial environment for maintaining web presence, but only need to manage a single site with a handful of users and do not need advanced functionality as would typically be required on larger websites.Benefits
- 100% Browser based administration
- WYSIWYG Editing Environment
- Easy page creation
- Enhanced 'smart tag' functionality
- Generates static HTML code
- Works on almost all budget service providers
- Mason CM
- The Mason Content Management system makes it easy to navigate the content of a website and manage the workflow of information as it moves from staging to the live, production web site.
Content Management features:
- Easily navigate multiple filesystems: create, copy, rename and edit files and directories
- Search for files based on file name or contents
- Trigger (copy) files between staging and production sites
- Track changes between staging and production, save versions (via Rcs)
- Edit files on staging, with an integrated, HTML-friendly spell-checker
- File locking protects multiple users from editing the same file
- Control access to directories on a per-user basis
- MetaDot Portal Server
- Open Source Portal Server software for content management and virtual community, news and personalisation like My Yahoo. Include development SDK based on the Open Gizmo Architecture. Runs on Apache, Perl, mod_perl and MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle. Commercial support and consulting provided by MetaDot.com, a Schlumberger company based in Austin, Texas.
In just few easy steps, Metadot's SmartSite allows non-technical users to build a complete intelligent website just within minutes. SmartSite can be used for web-based extranet, intranet, community and project team websites and web-enabled databases.
It's perfect for business users who want to get things done quickly but don�t want to involve a webmaster for each step of the way.
Packed with rich features, like news and file management, discussion forum, survey, calendar and more, SmartSite is a Swiss-army knife for people who want to use the web as a communication and collaboration medium.
- The leading high-end PHP-based CMS.
Midgard is a freely available framework for Content Management Systems and other information management solutions. Midgard provides developers with an easy-to-use framework built on the common Apache, PHP and MySQL components.
Midgard-based solutions are active use by hundreds of organizations worldwide. It can be used for managing content on Web, Extranet and Intranet services from simple templating solutions to complex business applications.
The Midgard framework is targeted for developers. End-users should take a look at Midgard-based content management solutions like Aegir CMS and others.
- "MMBase is an opensource publishing system. MMBase can be used to create big websites that can be maintained easily.MMBase separates content from layout, in this way information can be reused easily.MMBase is very unique in the way it maintains its information. MMBase creates an object cloud that is a digital representation of the 'real' world objects that are of interest for you."
- myPHPNuke is a content management system written in PHP.
- MySource is a powerful, open source website and intranet content publishing and management system. It is designed to enable technically unskilled users to build and maintain their own web solutions securely, professionally and inexpensively.
MySource is written in PHP and requires both MySQL and Apache. Currently MySource is only commercially supported on the Linux platform but an NT version is due soon.MySource is designed to allow people with no web development skills to build professional, corporate strength websites and intranets. MySource has an easy to use interface so people who only know how to user a word processor and a web browser can create, publish and manage their own web projects.
- Its own WYSIWYG web page publishing tool (no HTML needed)
- Support for existing web pages (load other HTML pages)
- Image upload and positioning
- File attachments and document management
- A web form builder
- Nadmin is an user-friendly interface to the Open Source Midgard content management engine. With Nadmin, marketing departments and product teams have the tools for producing and communicating content to the corporate Web sites and the world at large. Distributed content production provides faster time-to-market for product communication. Key features include full publishing and a dynamic content managment enviroment
- Nukes on JBoss
- Nukes on JBoss is a full fledged Content Management System (CMS) with advanced user/group management, security rules and pluggable components. Components can be deployed at runtime while the application is running. It is all written in JBoss and most importantly nukes powers this website you are looking at it.
Nukes on JBoss started when JBoss Group members tried to run the popular postnuke open source project for our website. PHP/Postnuke didn't scale. After analyzing the PHP codebase they found some dubious ways of caching data and decide to port the framework to JBOSS.
- Nuxeo CPS (Collaborative Portal Server) is an extensive collaborative Web content management system (CMS) implemented on top of Zope. Nuxeo CPS enables organizations to easily, quickly and efficiently implement collaborative intranet, extranet or internet applications.
- OmegaCMS Toolkit (tm) generates Java business objects and browser-based administration tools for content entry, customized to the needs and workflow of your site. The software is free and open source (under a BSD-style license).
- OpenACS (Open Architecture Community System) is an advanced toolkit for building scalable, community-oriented web applications. If you're thinking of building an enterprise-level web application, OpenACS is a solid, proven foundation that will give you a 3-6 month headstart.
OpenACS relies on AOLserver, a web/application server, Oracle, the industry standard relational database, or PostgreSQL, a true ACID-compliant RDBMS. AOLserver and PostgreSQL are both available for free under open-source licenses. (read more)
The OpenACS toolkit is based on the ArsDigita Community System. ArsDigita kindly GPL'd their work, making all of this possible.
- OpenCms is a Java based website content management system. It is developed by the OpenCms group and uses the LGPL Open Source license.
The system is fully database driven. So, the managed website will be generated dynamically from the database. To guarantee a high performance output from databases OpenCms comes with an extensive caching mechanism.
Access to individual parts of the CMS user interface, directories and files is controlled by the user and access permission management function. This guarantees an optimal overview and controlled access to protected areas. Every resource in OpenCms has an owner, an associated user group and specific access rights (divided into read, write and visible) that can be assigned to the owner, the group and all others.
In OpenCms workflow for publishing content is setup by default through roles and rights for this roles. The integrated workflow enables you to create tasks for your team members. Tasks can be accepted, forwarded, completed and recycled. You can post queries, messages and comments. All tasks remain in the system, so that a documentation of processes and responsibilities is created.
Each page is combined by several templates: The frame template for the corporate design, the content template as a container for the content and a body template for the edited content. Each template can call sub templates to include the rendered output. E.g. the frame template normally calls a navigation template to include the dynamic generated navigation.
- Pagetool is a web-based Content Management System written in PHP that stores pages in a MySQL database. Pages are modified and media files (gifs, jpegs, etc) are uploaded via html forms.
Main web page options include: public/private setting (to password protect the viewing of a page); edit permissions on a group basis; code type (HTML or PHP) so that experienced users can write PHP scripts directly in Pagetool; auto html so beginners can have
tags added automatically but advanced users can completely control the html; and a choice of which header, sidebar and footer page to use.
In addition to adding web pages, users (depending on their privileges) can add news items, upload media files, create new users, create new groups, change their password, and modify the site-wide profile.
If logged in as admin, users have access to the web page back up table (all web pages are backed up before being modified or deleted), plugin installation section, and the site database backup tool (provides the ability to download a complete backup of your Pagetool database).
- phpCMS (in German)
- PHP CMS using flat files as its storage medium.
- PHPNuke Advanced Content Management System is a news automated system specially designed to be used in Intranets and Internet. The Administrator has total control of his web site, registered users, and he will have in the hand a powerful assembly of tools to maintain an active and 100% interactive web site using databases.
Site indexer / Search
Site template editing via the admin panel
Add administrators with varying access rights. WYSIWYG Html editing and creating environment for web pages. Web based Uploads and management of all file types (images, word docs, pdfs,,,) . Manage your web published content. Manage dated postings with image / file uploads in multiple categories (news, events...). Publish the same content in multiple file formats (xml, pure text, css, word, excel, pdf..).Manage your global site settings.
- PHProjekt, an open-source groupware suite, is a modular application for the coordination of group activities and to share information and documents via intranet and internet.
Components of PHProjekt include group calendar, project management, time card system, file management, contact manager, mail client and 9 other modules.
PHProjekt is available for 28 languages and 6 databases.
- A CMS with browser-based administration. It currently boasts full HTML templates, an O-O design, the ability to operate in a hosted environment, and a bunch of other goodies.
- A complete web news management system written in PHP. All the content control is configurable with a web based administration section. Features include story moderation, threaded comments, templating/themes, polls, multi-language translations, RDF import/export.
- Developed by the Web Technology Group at Appalachian State University, phpWebSite provides a complete web site content management solution. All client output is valid XHTML 1.0 and meets the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative requirements.
- phpWebThings is a set of PHP modules for creating a cool Web site with user login, news, forum, user messages, downloads, FAQs, and more. It allows the Webmaster to create his own site with freedom, using only the features he wants, and allowing new features to be added easily.
- Plone is a finished CMS based on Zope. It has out-of-the-box functionality.
- PostNuke is a PHPNuke fork. It is a content management system written in PHP with a mySQL backend, focusing on the style, appearance, and functionality.
- PROPS is an open, extensible Internet publishing system designed specifically for periodicals such as newspapers and magazines who want to publish online, either exclusively or as an extension of their print publication. PROPS is written entirely in PHP4 using a MySQL database backend
- RedHat CCM
- The Red Hat CMS can offer a company all the Web content management functionality needed now, with the flexibility to tailor a deployment to the specific needs of each organization. Later, additional functionality can be integrated through other Red Hat CCM applications, including advanced content management and collaboration. (Based on the ArsDigita Community System, which RedHat purchased in 2002. It is available under a GPL-type license with commercial support)
- Silva is a powerful CMS for organizations that manage complex websites. Content is stored in clean and futureproof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include versioning, workflow system, integral visual editor, content reuse, sophisticated access control, multi-site management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, hi-res image storage and manipulation, and export to various formats.
- The original code for the Slashdot geek news service. Built in Perl.
- SPIP is the French syst�me de publication pour l�internet (developed by the minir�zo to manage the site uZine).
- An open source slashdot-style news and discussion forum system, based on the Zope application server.
- Tiki is a CMS system based on a Wiki, it has all the features a regular Wiki application and a whole lot more. Tiki uses PHP and templates via Smarty for a customizable layout and look & feel. Features: Wiki pages, File Galleries, Comments, Image Galleries, Forums, Multi-language support, Permission system using groups and users , Weblogs, CMS system (Articles, submissions and topics), Banners, Dynamic Content, Polls, Chat, RSS feeds, Communications center using an XMLRPC API.
- ttCMS, the free version, is licensed under the GNU/GPL license. This release is the full version complete with database creation utility built into the installer. A 'conversion version' is also available for existing DCP-Portal users who wish to switch to ttCMS (need to send Andy an email for it, firstname.lastname@example.org). The conversion version features a 'dcp2ttcms' utility that will convert the DCP-Portal database structure to the ttCMS database structure.
ttCMS is a PHP-based content management system that fully supports MySQL. ttCMS features calendar with public and private events, surveys with unlimited number of poll questions, advanced member management and authentication, site link exchange with a distinctive 'yellow-pages' look, public and member-only file download areas with anti-leech logic, and forum (discussion groups), Web based updating with HTML editor for news/PR, articles, and announcements.
ttCMS has six levels of authority for approving/activating user-submitted content and links (in unlimited number of categories and sub-categories). Articles and news support image display. Each visitor/member can customize the look of the interface from up to 4 different web themes included in the free package. ttCMS is advertiser friendly and features an ad rotation and banner management section, member internal mail box, external mail checks (POP3 accounts). Banner ad "zones" are defined for the top, side and bottom of your web site.
ttCMS delivers on the promise of separating content from code and frees your organization to focus on content. The code, layout, graphics are consistent through every single page of your site.
- TYPO3 is a free Open Source content management system for enterprise purposes on the web and in intranets. It offers full flexibility and extendability while featuring an accomplished set of ready-made interfaces, functions and modules.
TypoScript template engine.
The template engine is powered by TYPO3's own declarational configuration �language�, TypoScript. This gives you the power to customize any of the default configurations as well as customize content for visitors based on client browser, IP-numbers, operating system, disability or any user-defined parameter (through PHP). The TypoScript engine can be seemlessly combined with custom PHP-logic.
Hierarchical structure>Multiple sites
All objects - pages and records - are organized in a hierarchical tree structure similar to a computer filesystem with folders and files inside. Not only is this concept well known by any computer user, but it's is also the best concept for clear organization of information.
TYPO3's core architecture has been designed to handle an unlimited number of independent websites or projects within the same system. Corporate solutions with internet, intranets, extranets, subdivisions can be handled in the same system. Multiple smaller websites served by an ISP can also share the same database. This is both extremely usefull and an efficient way to lower maintenance costs.
Editing of static files
TYPO3 mainly manages content from the database. However, TYPO3 can also be configured to edit static HTML-files with the inherent WYSIWYG capabilities. Thus even special static pages can be managed through the intuitive editor.
- php/mysql open source content management system. e-commerce, wysiwyg online HTML/RTF editor. Requires Apache/php/mysql. Modules include Dynamic Intro, News, Events, Downloads, Resources, Printing, Products, E-commerce, Discussion Forum, Statistics, User Manager, Contact, Surveys, Security, WAP. Pre-included ZipZap.co.nz payment gateway
- WebDocWf is an object oriented framework to develop business applications based on XML technology, relational databases and WebDav with an HTML user interface and workflow functionality. It is based on Enhydra, the leading Open Source Java/XML server.
- Webgenerator-X is based on a new fast and reliable engine called Coordinator. It's made of a cache and a template / layout system entirely modular.
Basic modules are articles, news, polls, mailling lists, navigation, special, stats... The program focuses on :Speed, Low sql database load, Reliability, Easy multi-user administration, and Modular architecture, easy customization
- WebGUI (pronounced web-gooey) is one of the most popular open source content management systems (CMS) available today. It is downloaded over 5,000 times per month and is in use as an Intranet application framework in several Fortune 500 firms in the United States.
WebGUI is a content management platform built to allow average business users to build and maintain complex web sites. It is modular, pluggable, and platform independent. It was designed to allow the people who create the content, to manage it online, rather than content management taking up the time of the busy IT Staff.
- A rudimentary free CMS. Unlike most others, it doesn't offer edit-in-browser functionality etc.; instead, it concentrates on important back-endstuff, such as support for metadata, content conversion, templating, and caching, providing only a UNIXish command-line interface. Still in its early releases.
- Xaraya is extensible, open source software written in PHP and licensed under the GNU General Public License. Xaraya utilizes robust permissions, data management and multilingual systems to dynamically integrate and manage content.
Xaraya's modular, database independent architecture introduces tools which separate form, function, content, and design. Xaraya delivers the requisite infrastructure for a fully dynamic multi-platform Content Management Solution (CMS).
With over forty active developers spanning five continents and over ten languages, the Xaraya Development Team is a blend of some of the best and brightest developers found in the open source community. We expect the best of one another. As a result, you can expect the best from Xaraya.
- Xepient Open-Point is the latest generation Content Management software, that allows you to create a professional website in minutes, just by using your browser and without having to write a single line of code.
Open-Point's scalable architecture, provides an expandable framework, to which an unlimited number of modules can be added, in order to create always unique, dynamic and professional websites.
Open-Point is best understood by explaining the way it is structured. There are a number of containers that allow for granular control of all functions provided - Portals, Pages, Modules, and Panels.
- Xoops is an eXtensible Object-Oriented Portal System. A modern O-O clone of PHPNuke and PostNuke.
- YaWPS (Yet another Web Portal System) is a lightweight content management system written in Perl. All client output is valid HTML 4. Main features include: newssystem, forum, user management, link database, site stats, theme selection, search engine.
- Zope is a leading open source application server, specializing in content management, portals, and custom applications. Zope enables teams to collaborate in the creation and management of dynamic web-based business applications such as intranets and portals.
Zope benefits from a strong developer and user community. Zope community members drive Zope forward and help each other by providing peer support, advice, and open source software. More than any other factor Zope's large and active community ensures its success.